Skip to main content
Question

Deploying FME Flow 2023 with a custom configuration database name

Hi,

I want to upgrade our FME server 2022 deployment to Flow 2023. We have a three tiered deployment:

• VM with Core and Web
  • VM with 2 engines
  • SQL Server with fmeserver configuration database
  • Network share with configuration directories

I want to deploy Flow 2023 to a new set of VMs and then cut our DNS over once the deployment is complete, so there is no outage time. However, the point of failure is the database. If I remove it to deploy the 2023 Flow db then the 2022 FME server will stop working.

So, can I deploy the new FME Flow with a custom database name - say fmeflow2023?

Or is there another way of solving this that I'm not aware of?

Thanks,

Marc

2 replies

Badge +5

Hello,

You should be able to create a different DB with a custom name in the same DB server. We have a set of sql script files that can be used to create DB, DB user, Schema and tables. You could change the reference of the default DB "fme server" when running the scripts.

imageAnd then during core/web installation, the new DB name can be passed with the other Database Server Parameters.

Userlevel 2
Badge +10

Hello,

You should be able to create a different DB with a custom name in the same DB server. We have a set of sql script files that can be used to create DB, DB user, Schema and tables. You could change the reference of the default DB "fme server" when running the scripts.

imageAnd then during core/web installation, the new DB name can be passed with the other Database Server Parameters.

That’s great thanks 😊