Skip to main content
Question

Workpace statistics

• 24 January 2013
  • 5 replies

Hello,

is there a way to know some stats about a workspace, such as the number of transformers used (including customs), the number of feature type, etc...

My workspace is quite huge... I can't count manually...

Thanks,

Johann
Reading the *.fmw with FME (using a TEXT READER) and counting for instance TRANSFORMER occurences or something? Nothing within the FME environment AFAIK.
Hi Johann - Interestingly I was convinced that in Windows tootips you'd get back exactly what you are looking for. I knew I had seen and used it before but in Windows7 the tooltip doesn't show, so perhaps it's a setting in the OS somewhere. However, I have a WinXP VM and just as I had remembered, you just hover your cursor over the file and...

Thanks ! It worked.

With WinXP, the number of transformer is displayed in tooltip : 1540 transformers !

I had the same result editing the fmw file, counting occurences of "XFORMER_NAME".

Wow 1SpatialDave, very usefull!
Yes, long ago we did a shell extension for Windows XP that showed a bunch of metadata about a workspace. I think you could see the information in the windows explorer table view by exposing more columns as well. 

Sadly, the interfaces we used went away with WIndows 7.  I realize this is useful so we'll look at bringing it back.

Or maybe we should just make a .fmw READER for FME that would tell us things like this 🙂