Question

Microsoft Word Writer and changing run order of transformers?

• 23 April 2024
  • 2 replies

Badge +3

Hello, I have an issue with trying to use the Microsoft Word Writer. As far as I understand, I can build my Word document using multiple MSWordStyler transformers, and depending on the order of these, the document will be built differently. For example, if the “heading” goes in first, it will be at the start of the document, but if it goes in last, it will be last in the document.

I have 2 MSWordStyler transformers, one table and one paragraph. I want the table to be first and the paragraph last. I got my desired result, but when I later saved my workspace my paragraph now ends up first and the table last. The order of which FME is reading the transformers has also changed. If I understand correctly FME runs the transformers in the order they appear in the Navigator, and you’re supposed to be able to change the order. I can’t do this though? I don’t get the option to move transformers up or down.

I’m also supposed to be able to get the option to “Set connection runtime order” when I right click on a Creator transformer, but when I try this the option doesn’t even show up?

I was running an earlier version of FME and now I updated to the newest 2024.0.1 and the issue appears in both versions.

2 replies

Badge +3

I just found that setting “Create after readers” on my creator solved the ordering of my Word file. Still don’t understand why I can’t see all of the options when I right click on my Creator though.

Userlevel 4
Badge +18

I always do the ordering in Word Writer by Sorting on a field i create.