Skip to main content
Question

IBM Rational Team Concert

• 27 February 2013
  • 3 replies

Hello FME,

My company will be incooperating IBM Rational Team Concert (RTC) to our process. One of the functionalities RTC offers is the Build Ant scripts  that can automate deployment using Ant scripts. Being new to the FME world and reading up on the material out there, I was told that using FME Workbench is the easiest and most effective way to migrate code (.fmw files) than to do the migration the old way by registering the code through FME server. Is there a way to utilize the Ant Build script to automate the migration process? If yes, can you please help me on where I can get started? If not, can this functionality be incooperated into the FME software in the distant future? Thank you for your input.

Hi, you can run FME from a batch file with command line parameters. That is probably your best bet as I'm guessing you can incorporate these into your Ant scripts. Have a look at this article for more details on FME and batch files:

http://fmepedia.safe.com/articles/How_To/Batch-Processing-Method-1-Command-Line-or-Batch-File

David
Thank you David for your answer, but is there a command line reference I can look at. It would definitely help out since I am new to all of this. Thanks, again.

Hank
The parameters available on the command line depend a lot upon the Published Parameters that have been defined in the workspace, so there is not necessarily much in common between how you call two different workspaces from the command line.

When you execute a workspace from the FME Workbench, take a look at the very top of the log window. There you will find a complete example of how you could reproduce this particular execution from the command line with every parameter specified -- very helpful!

Let us know if you have a specific problem and we'll try to help out.

David