Solved

DWGStyler color setting

Badge +3

Hello,

I am trying to convert data from shapefile to DWG.

To do that, I am using the DWGStyler to assign the correct setting to each object.

Reading the post in the community, I am able to use the DWGStyler using a template and the right color is assigned to each object in CAD so, I see the match between the color in the canvas and the color in the Layer’s list. But, in some cases, I don’t have the template and when I open the file in autocad I can see the right color in the canvas assigned by the DWGStyler but in the Autocad list layer I see all layers in “red”, I attached an example. 

How can I resolve this situation to have the perfect match for the layer’s colors to avoid a manual rework without using the template?

Thanks

Max 

icon

Best answer by virtualcitymatt 7 May 2024, 13:19

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +28

As I understand it the default layer color you see in your screen shot can be modified by changing the output feature type parameters:
https://docs.safe.com/fme/html/FME-Form-Documentation/FME-ReadersWriters/acad/feature-types-w.htm

the default is 10 which maps to red - You can change this value to change the default layer color in ACAD. It looks like this field can be set with attribute values too which is nice. I haven’t tested that though myself.

Badge +3

Hello @virtualcitymatt,

thanks for the reply and thanks for your help.

I used a condition definition and it works. So, I assume that if I create a field with the color value will be the same.

Thanks again

Max