Question

Compare two shp

• 24 March 2014
  • 4 replies

Hi,

i have two shape files, and I need to compare them - geometry and attributes. I tried change detector but not getting right results .. a lot of them are missing, i know because when i overlap them in arcgis i get different result..have any idea?

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Hi,

can you give a specific example of what isn't working?

You might also want to look at the Matcher to see if it fits your use case.

David
Badge +3
Hi Nika,

If u combine all outputports form changedetector:

unchanged + revised = revised inputport.

unchanged + deleted = original inputport

How can there be objects getting lost?

Gio
sorry, objects are not lost literally, but when overlapping the same classes in ArcGIS by the geometry and attributes,i get a less changes then in FME with Change detector. For example, in ArcGIS i get 106 changes features, and in FME 144.

I tried in change detector add extra vertices tolerance 1, and result as it approaches the ArcGIS

(125). Then I add anchor snapper with tolerace 0,01, vertex snapping, and results is 124.

I tried and matcher but does not give me good results.

have more any idea?

Userlevel 4
Hi,

you're on the right track regarding the tolerance and snapping. The thing is, FME is working with "infinite" resolution where as ArcGIS works on a snapping grid based on tolerances.

To emulate this in FME, try sending your data through the ArcSDEGridSnapper before the ChangeDetector. Use the same properties as for you input feature classes.

David