Question

How to enable anonymous access to FME Flow (2023) services? Guest account is enabled and given permissions on repository and services OK. Trying to call a service always prompts for credentials. Can login as Guest and it works so permissions are OK

• 21 July 2023
  • 5 replies

How to enable anonymous access to FME Flow (2023) services? Guest account is enabled and given permissions on repository and services OK. Trying to call a service always prompts for credentials. Can login as Guest and it works so permissions are OK.

5 replies

Badge +5

Hello,

To confirm are you speaking with reference to a workspace app? Have you tried to remove "require authentication" setting on the FME object? image

Hello,

To confirm are you speaking with reference to a workspace app? Have you tried to remove "require authentication" setting on the FME object? image

Thanks MerlineAtSafe,

We don't actually have any Flow Apps defined at the moment.

Our upgrade step is from FME 2017 to FME 2023. I have imported the backup from 2017 and it mostly looks the same from a configuration/authorization point of view.

Previously end users called the fmedatastreaming service in a web browser to run a workbench and didn't need to provide credentials. Same setup in FME 2023 is prompting for a login.

Are Flow Apps now a requirement to provide anonymous access?

Badge +2

Thanks MerlineAtSafe,

We don't actually have any Flow Apps defined at the moment.

Our upgrade step is from FME 2017 to FME 2023. I have imported the backup from 2017 and it mostly looks the same from a configuration/authorization point of view.

Previously end users called the fmedatastreaming service in a web browser to run a workbench and didn't need to provide credentials. Same setup in FME 2023 is prompting for a login.

Are Flow Apps now a requirement to provide anonymous access?

Hi @glenn​ 

I was wondering if you ever got this sorted out? I have a similar issue with FME Server 2022 to FME Flow 2023 where I can't see the difference in the permissions configuration between the two and am unable to access the data streaming service as the guest user on 2023.

Badge +7

@glenn​ Unauthenticated web service access using the guest account was deprecated in FME Flow 2023.0. To run workspaces using web services without providing user credentials, please use a token. The token can be provided in the URL as a query string parameter or in the request header.

Please see Submitting a Job Through an FME Flow Webhook URL

Unfortunately, this change did not make it into the 2023.0 and .1 release documentation. We sincerely apologize and this will be corrected in the next documentation release.

Userlevel 3
Badge +16

@glenn​ Unauthenticated web service access using the guest account was deprecated in FME Flow 2023.0. To run workspaces using web services without providing user credentials, please use a token. The token can be provided in the URL as a query string parameter or in the request header.

Please see Submitting a Job Through an FME Flow Webhook URL

Unfortunately, this change did not make it into the 2023.0 and .1 release documentation. We sincerely apologize and this will be corrected in the next documentation release.

I 100% agree with the reasons for removing unauthenticated access, but you have to announce it, as it is a convenience that many rely upon and will affect upgrade considerations