Question

Writing Portal for ArcGIS (or AGOL) image attachments to SDE - relationship class ok but image is not valid

• 28 March 2019
  • 7 replies

Badge +8

Hi,

I am copying a Portal hosted feature service to our internal Oracle SDE database.

The relationship class is written ok and I can see that the correct attachment is associated with the parent table. However the image is not valid when I try to open it via ArcGIS Pro or ArcMap.

I've read a lot of forum posts including this one but I still haven't got it working. Does anyone have an example with the last steps on how to get the downloaded attachment (binary data) into a SDE jpeg attachment that I could take a look at?

Or outline the order of the transformers Binarydecoder, rasterreplacer (I see the raster in inspector, only if I use the decoder first), AttributeFileWriter (you write the file to a disk but not the database - do you use the AttributeFileReader to read it again and write to an attribute in the attachment table?)

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Annette

7 replies

Badge +8

Got it working. I will post the workspace later so that others can reference it.

We want to take a copy of Survey123 records and attachments to our internal SDE schema (and to be able to see the photos because the Inbox doesn't support attachments).

BinaryDecoder > RasterReplacer> AttributeFileWriter > AttributeFileReader was the sequence I used. Perhaps there is a more elegant solution but this worked.

This screenshot is the part used to write the photo to the database.

Badge +16

Got it working. I will post the workspace later so that others can reference it.

We want to take a copy of Survey123 records and attachments to our internal SDE schema (and to be able to see the photos because the Inbox doesn't support attachments).

BinaryDecoder > RasterReplacer> AttributeFileWriter > AttributeFileReader was the sequence I used. Perhaps there is a more elegant solution but this worked.

Good example, on a related topic I avoided writing directly to attachments like this:

https://community.esri.com/community/open-platform-standards-and-interoperability/blog/2019/03/21/using-arcgis-pros-python-environment-in-etl-tools

HI @annette2, Can you please share updated workspace.

Badge +8

Hi @psr14789,

See the attachment. I've modified the Portal for ArcGIS URL and sde connections.

KB Inspecties naar Oracle prod.fmw

Hi Annette-

Is this workspace still available?

@annette2​ 

Badge +2

Hi @codyrbarrett​ ,

Sorry it appears this link was broken during the Community migration, I have updated the answer so the download link is now available. If you encounter any issues such as this around the Community please submit feedback here or tag a Safer such as myself (<name>atsafe) and we'll be able to get this fixed for you.