Solved

FME Flow (Server 2020) - read/search all workspaces

• 20 July 2023
  • 3 replies

Is there a method to read all workspaces on a server ex. list all workspaces that have specific transformer or list all workspaces that have specific parameter.

Also, where are workspaces on a server? Is there a Folder for workspaces? Are they ascii readable?

Thanks in advance

icon

Best answer by sanaeatsafe 27 July 2023, 00:22

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

The workspaces are stored locally in the FME Server System Share's 'repositories' folder, e.g. C:\\ProgramData\\Safe Software\\FME Server\\repositories\\Samples\\austinApartments

You could use the Directory and File Pathnames Reader in combination with the FME Workspace Reader on these System Share folders to get similar kinds of information about each workspace.

Alternatively, the FME Server REST API repositories endpoints could also programmatically search the published workspaces. Use this with the HTTPCaller or another API application, with JSON transformers to parse the returned results.

Hope that helps!

Great answer thank you very much!

@sanaeatsafe​ I am able to retrieve repositories and items for every repository, but I have a difficulty retrieving an item (the .fmw to search for a specific Translator/Parameter)

As in this example

imageI tried Accept=contents and disposition=inline in the Headers section, but all I get is information about the items and not the item itself

imageCan you give me example of configuring the HTTPCaller to retrive de item

Thanks in advance!