Question

So much for direct support. Well, so long, thanks for all the fish.

• 12 December 2023
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +8

Very disconcerting that Chat and Phone Support options have been removed from Safe's website. I guess now that you’re all full of Flow and Form you don’t need to handle people anymore.

Note to self: should I ever run a business, find the demarcation line where things grow too big to provide decent customer support and ensure it never goes past that bound.

6 replies

Badge +13

You can submit a case to support and they can get back with you. I always got help from safers. I find it easier to debugg things with logs/screenshots/ provide descriptions of the issue electronically, so you have history and documentation over phone calls anyway.

Userlevel 1
Badge +8

You can submit a case to support and they can get back with you. I always got help from safers. I find it easier to debugg things with logs/screenshots/ provide descriptions of the issue electronically, so you have history and documentation over phone calls anyway.

In my experience the response rate for online only cases is quite a bit slower than it used to be with email and phone call submissions. For difficult and or priority issues I would file a case and then follow up with a phone call. Sometimes they would call me first. That has changed in the last 6 to 9 months.

Userlevel 5

In my experience the response rate for online only cases is quite a bit slower than it used to be with email and phone call submissions. For difficult and or priority issues I would file a case and then follow up with a phone call. Sometimes they would call me first. That has changed in the last 6 to 9 months.

Out of curiosity, what do you consider support in this context? Unexpected problems and potential bugs, or also questions regarding "regular" use?

Have you tried contacting your FME reseller/partner, they should also be able to help you.

Userlevel 1
Badge +8

Unexpected problems and potential bugs. There is no reseller, we bought from Safe. Until this year I thought Safe was exemplary in the customer service arena.

Userlevel 2
Badge +11

In a similar boat to you.

I must admit I didn't notice the chat going missing and I haven't had to log cases very often but a recent case has shown an extremely slow response time compared to previous ones. Some of the delayed responses can simply be apologies for delayed response times or asking simple clarifying questions.

Extremely thankful for the forums which have and continue to assist with tackling some technical issues.

Userlevel 1
Badge +8

Circling back to say I did get connected with Customer Support and the issue was addressed in the week following. I am embarrassed by my aggrieved tone in the opening post, it's not how I like to start a thread. I do stand by the underlying observation that there is a sluggishness in support that is new, and I hope it does not solidify into "this is normal".