Skip to main content
Question

Enable lauching FME flow

• 15 August 2024
  • 6 replies

Hi !

I installed FME flow and now I’m trying to lauch it. But I cannot succeded.

I go to Windows => FME flow => FME Flow Web interface. A message appair saying that it’s impossible to access to this page.

I tried to stop the firewall, to allow connections on the web application server port, to lauch manually FME service, to start, restart, stop FME flow, etc. I looked these pages : 

FME Flow Troubleshooting: Web Interface Login – FME Support Center (safe.com)

FME Server starts, but I can't access the web interface from a different machine – FME Support Center (safe.com)

Can't Login to FME Flow Web UI | Error "Exception loading sessions from persistent storage" – FME Support Center (safe.com)

I don’t understand what is wrong. I just reinstall windows few weeks ago and so my computer is clean. And I made a standard installation of FME form and FME flow.

Do you have any idea?

Thanks !

Can you confirm the FME Flow services are actually running?

Hi @redgeographics !

I think not. When I click on “start FME flow” I have this message on command window : 

System error 1068 has occurred.

The service or dependency group failed to start.

The FME Flow Database service starts.
The FME Flow Database service could not be launched.

The service did not report an error.

You will get further help by entering NET HELPMSG 3534.

The services could not be started.  If you have UAC enabled, you can Start and Stop the FME Flow services from the Windows Services control panel.
Appuyez sur une touche pour continuer...

I looked on this errors but I don’t succed to lauch the service.

Okay, it sounds like the problem is not that you can’t log in but that FME Flow is in fact not running. Most likely it has something to do with the permissions on the account that the FME Flow services run as. The troubleshooting guide is a good place to start.

Hi!

Thanks for your answer @redgeographics 

Finally, with this guide and with FME academy, I found the problem. It was about web adress and login identifiants. In my case, I’m just working in local machine.

So the adress is  : http://localhost:80/fmeserver

and the login name is “admin” and password “admin”. After, FME flow ask to create a new password.

I’m surprised because when I made the installation, I put others login/password. So I don’t know what it was.

Informatic is so funny 😁

The password that you enter during installation is for the underlying FME Flow database (and never ever used really, at least not by you as a user/admin)

@redgeographics thanks for this precision !