Skip to main content

Hello,

Is there a way to force fme to delete all the temporary/working files at the end of each translation?

I'm working with huge las files and it is taking a lot of memory so that I have to manually erase such files before doing the next translation.

Thanks

It should, under normal circumstances, delete temporary files. However, in case of an FME crash this sometimes doesn't happen and the files become "orphaned". You can manually clear them through Tools -> Purge Temporary Files in FME Workbench (or by manually going to your FME temp directory and clearing it out)

It should, under normal circumstances, delete temporary files. However, in case of an FME crash this sometimes doesn't happen and the files become "orphaned". You can manually clear them through Tools -> Purge Temporary Files in FME Workbench (or by manually going to your FME temp directory and clearing it out)

@redgeographics,

My concern here is because there was no crash. The translation went well but those temporary files remain.

Furthermore, by clicling purge temporary files does not work. I have to manually delete in the folder %TEMp%

@redgeographics,

My concern here is because there was no crash. The translation went well but those temporary files remain.

Furthermore, by clicling purge temporary files does not work. I have to manually delete in the folder %TEMp%

Okay, that is a concern indeed. I would recommend that you send this in to Safe's support to see if they can help.

Please do let support know. We'd need to see your workspace if at all possible, and also your log file if you can share that. Definitely it is a bug if these are being left behind.