Skip to main content

Hi!

I am at the moment struggling with reading Civil3D Files(created in Civil 3D 2017/older). I end up with a lot of strange looking Chambers/Structures & most of the Pipes end up as lines.

Please see Pictures & attached Example File .

The Designer in this case i using a Plugin called "Naviate", which is mostly used in Sweden(I think). These Pipe Networks are also modeled with a huge radius(Which is a bit uncommon I believe). Therefore I thought this could be the source of the problem, and tried creating test networks in a "plain" Civil 3D, to check if it´s due to the Designer/plugins/etc. However I end up with the same result.

------

-Any known bugs?

-Possible to get a test Workspace + test File?

-Any guidance on the Topic would be vary helpful.

------

I attended an inspiring presentation by Dale, showing a neat workflow to handle the Civil 3D Files & the object. Note sure if this was in the 2019.1 version, but as I understood, this should also be possible in the 2018.0(?).

From "FME World Tour in Stockholm 2018". One beautiful Civil 3D Model.

What I end up with. A lot of strange looking objects.

Regards

/Daniel

Hi @danielloov,

The Pipes you provided seem to be standard drainage pipes, which FME should be able to read. I have created a problem report for our development team, and I will notify you as this problem is fixed.

@DaveAtSafe any news on the Topic?

@DaveAtSafe any news on the Topic?

Hi @danielloov,

I'm sorry, we are still working on finding the cause of this problem. I will notify you as soon as it is fixed in beta.