Skip to main content

Hi,

I'm writing to a MapInfo extended tab, and noticed there is a delete operation on the tables. I have tested this out, and have got it to work, however the tables aren't compressing after and the deleted records are staying in the table albeit flagged for deletion. A pack of the table solves this, but cant it happen on closure of the writer?

Cheers,

James

@jamesleversha The MapInfo Extended TAB writer doesn't have a compress option. Could you please post this as a New Idea so other users can vote for this functionality.

Hi @jamesleversha, thank you for asking this question. Our MapInfo Extended Writer does not currently have the option to pack. I have since filed a report in our tracking system to enable such functionality.

Is there a specific pack option that you are looking for?

Please note, for other enhancements or functionality requests, we ask our users to submit an idea on our Ideas Exchange. This gives the opportunity for other users to up-vote and share how the change would benefit their workflows.

Hi @jamesleversha, thank you for asking this question. Our MapInfo Extended Writer does not currently have the option to pack. I have since filed a report in our tracking system to enable such functionality.

Is there a specific pack option that you are looking for?

Please note, for other enhancements or functionality requests, we ask our users to submit an idea on our Ideas Exchange. This gives the opportunity for other users to up-vote and share how the change would benefit their workflows.

I have no idea what kind of pack MapInfo uses, but i just use that to do it. I think it makes a temp copy of the the table then rewrites the table excluding the deleted records.

Cheers,

James

I have no idea what kind of pack MapInfo uses, but i just use that to do it. I think it makes a temp copy of the the table then rewrites the table excluding the deleted records.

Cheers,

James

Hi @jamesleversha,

I’m pleased to let you know that a recent update to FME has implemented your suggestions to include a pack option.

You will find the update in our latest FME 2019.0 beta: safe.com/beta

Should you have any feedback regarding the update, please reply to this thread or submit a case with us.

Thank you for your patience as we worked to resolve this issue. We appreciate your involvement in helping us make FME even better!