Skip to main content

Hello,

Currently, I have a process where I am doing a PointOnAreaOverlayer. I then create about 23 List Attributes. As of now, I have 23 List Summers to achieve my requirements. I then port all the List Summers into one Attribute Manager, remove all the non-summed fields, aggregate all the points grouped by the Primary Key, and then I join that back to the area layer so that it holds the summed values and stays an FMEPolygon and not a MultiFMEPolygon.

Is there a way to do this “better”? I have to redo this process on another Polygon Feature Type and it’s cumbersome. 

Kind Regards,

Senad

Hi @hodzic1996, interesting question. Do you have more detail about your goal? I think you want to add summarized point information to the overlapping areas? In case you have some more info and test data I can give it a try to create a nice workbench for a more clean approach :)

Hi @hodzic1996, interesting question. Do you have more detail about your goal? I think you want to add summarized point information to the overlapping areas? In case you have some more info and test data I can give it a try for a more clean approach :)

Hi @lambertus,

That’s essentially what I want to do. I need all the points in a given polygon to have them join to that polygon, and then sum all the attributes joined. This is essentially my way of doing a ‘Spatial Join’/‘Summarize Within’ Geoprocess in ArcGIS Pro.

What type of more info are you looking for? Sadly I can’t share the polygon data, but its a version of Statistics Canada Dissemination Areas. I am using this dataset LCC so you can see the “..._Spaces” attributes that would be valuable to sum in a polygon. That’s what my current process achieved, but again...I am working with 23 fields that are valuable and I don’t think this is the most streamlined method. An aggregator would be helpful, but I think because there are MultiPoints, it sums ALL the points, and not just individual points.

Hope this helps!

You could definitely do it via python, but you’d still need to then go and expose all the attributes in FME. Thats less hassle than what you’re currently doing, but a lot cleaner.

A more FME centric way would be using a list exploder and StatisticsCalculator. Again, you need to manually setup the StatisticsCalc, but is a bit easier than exposing attributes

You could definitely do it via python, but you’d still need to then go and expose all the attributes in FME. Thats less hassle than what you’re currently doing, but a lot cleaner.

A more FME centric way would be using a list exploder and StatisticsCalculator. Again, you need to manually setup the StatisticsCalc, but is a bit easier than exposing attributes

This is exactly what I need. Once I set that statistics calculator to group by the Area P.Key, I get each summed value for each polygon. I did notice two values were rejected in my list exploder which has led me two fewer polygons than I need. I appreciate it!

-Senad