Skip to main content
I am trying to convert a Bentley dgn file to ESRI shp. Lines and text are no problem.   But there are a lot of "layers" in the dgn file as cells (e.g. Cell : Inferred Feature: MANHOLE : MANHOLE \\ Line)   It seems that no matter what I do, i can only get the graphic out as lines. I tried to use the CoordinateExtractor and the 2DPOINTREPLACER in various setups. Without luck.   Is there someone out there that knows how to get the point data out? It doesn’t matter much to me if I convert the cells in Bentley or through the FME
Hi,

If you have the lines, you can use the CenterPointReplacer to create the center point.

Itay
Takashi

You have a choice depending on what kind of point is the representative point of a line. As Itay mentioned, CenterPointReplacer is one of choices. The CenterPointReplacer  transforms a line into the center point of its bounding box. Other than this, the CenterOfGravityRepalcer transforms a line to its centroid point; the Snipper (Snipping Mode = Vertex, Starting Vertex = 0, Ending Vertex = 0) transforms a line into the first vertex point.

Takashi
That works. Thanks!

Only thing now is that I get 3 points for some of the signatures.

Is there a function to only keep the point in the middle?
Is there any attribute to group those 3 points? Something like group ID...
Hi Takashi

I don't think there is.

But I solved the problem by changing the signature to a circle. That worked perfectly. And it is not that much work changing multiple signatures at once in Bentley.

Thanks again for your help!