Skip to main content

I am trying to connect to my Smallworld 5 database with FME 2022. I can connect successfully with 2021. I have FME Smallworld edition and have copied the needed connection files to the installation folder. What have changed between the two versions? It says 'This FME edition does not recognize the 'SWORLDSWAF' reader.

Hi @swach​ 

The main difference between 2021 and 2022 was that 32-bit was no longer available starting with FME 2022. I suspect the issue you are running into is that you have the 32bit DLLs which won't work for the 2022+ versions of FME.

You should be able to get the 64-bit metafiles/DLLs from GE to go with your Smallworld version.

No, I have the 64 bit DLLs. I am currently connecting using 2021.1 64 bit. Or is there yet another set of DLLs I should get?

No, I have the 64 bit DLLs. I am currently connecting using 2021.1 64 bit. Or is there yet another set of DLLs I should get?

I do know we had made changes to our plugin API as well - so its possible this could be related to that. I would recommend reaching out to GE to try and get a confirmed DLL/Metafile that works with 2022. As they manage the development/providing of the DLL/metafile.