Skip to main content
Hello,

Is there a possibility to disable the casesensitivity on the writer site? I am working with an AIXM Writer, with Attributenames in CamelCase (like validTime).

I get all Attributes in a CSV File in UPPERCASE (like VALIDTIME), and my Writer can't assign them because of that. Is there a Parameter I don't know of, to make that possible?

(I am working with FME Desktop 2015)

Thanks,

Melanie

Hi,

Instead of the changing on wirter end, It is better to change before and send to writer.

Please review the transformer "StringCaseChanger", it will change the values based on the setting you have placed in "Case Change".

Hope this will help.

Pratap
Hi

have a look at the BulkAttributeRenamer, it can change all your attribute names to either upper or lower case for you.

David
Thanks, but changing it to uppercase will not make any difference, because its already uppercase. The Writer requires CamelCase, to make the right connections.

For example: Reader - VALIDTIME, Writer - validTime

The reader is dynamic, and I don't know its attributenames in the beginning. So I need the writer to recognize them in every case.

Melanie
Melanie,

Does this mean all the values will have upper case of next word? 

To understand better, kindly provide 2 more examples?

Value1:

Input: VALIDTIME

Output: validTime

Value2:

Value3:

Pratap
Maybe don't autogeneratte your workspace. do it manual, then  use casechanger and connect to your writer?

Did you also try selecting the connecting line to your writer, left click and choos auto-connect?
@Pratap

Attributenames in my CSV Reader are always uppercase. I need CamelCase on writer site (see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CamelCase)

Value2:

Input: TYPE

Output: type

Value3:

Input: MARKINGICAOSTANDARD

Output: markingICAOStandard

@Gio

This wouldn't work. I get one CSV File that includes all Features. Attributenames differ per feature, those will be created at runtime.

It's a little complicated, i guess the only thing that will help is to change the input attributenames. :(

If it is possible for you to break the words?

MARKINGICAOSTANDARD = MARKING ICAO STANDARD
I have no influence on the CSV file, and at runtime i think it's not possible/easy to break the words in FME.
Sounds like a job for the SchemaMapper.

You could define the source and target attribute names in e.g. an Excel spreadsheet, then let the SchemaMapper rename the features at runtime.

Tutorial: https://knowledge.safe.com/articles/Samples_and_Demos/Mapping-Schemas-using-SchemaMapper

David
How many Distinct attribute values do you have?