Skip to main content

I get the following error message when reading esri gdb in zip folder. Reader not functioning as expected in both Desktop and Server when pointed to zip file. When extracted and reader pointed to gdb, it works.

Error -2147024893

The ArcObjects license 'Standard' is being selected from the Windows registry

FME has checked out an Esri license. The product checked out is 'Standard'

Installed ArcGIS version is '10.8'

Unable to connect to the File Geodatabase at 'D:\\xxx\\xxx\\Compressed\\FileGeoDB.gdb.zip'. Make sure the correct filename was specified, and that the geodatabase wasn't saved with a newer version of ArcGIS than the one installed locally. The error number from ArcObjects is: '-2147024893'. The error message from ArcObjects is: {}

Is it mandatory to extract the files manually before executing the workbench. Or do we have any work around.

Thanks

Siva Bulusu

@sivaram81082 what version of FME Desktop an FME Server are you using? You should be able to work with a zipped geodatabase in any FME Version after about 2017 at least.

@sivaram81082 what version of FME Desktop an FME Server are you using? You should be able to work with a zipped geodatabase in any FME Version after about 2017 at least.

I am using FME 2019. When pointing to Zip file above error occurs.

I am using FME 2019. When pointing to Zip file above error occurs.

@sivaram81082 Does this occur with all File Geodabases that you have zipped? I suspect that this zip file is corrupt in some way.

If this problem persists, I think you should file a support case with your FME provider. They will probably want to see a copy of the zipped file Geodb.