Question

Notification Email

• 22 July 2013
  • 2 replies

Hey there,

First time using FME Community to help with a Server related problem, but I have been wrestling with this road block for the better part of a couple days.

Within FME's Server Notification service, is there a way to set up a variable to read users as the "email to" portion of the subscription? What I am looking for is something similar to $(FME_SECURITY_USER), but within the notification outlet. I am working on a project that goes through chained FME jobs and returns a location to a file for colleagues within the office to receive (as in they will go on and activate the job themselves) via email. I have a shutdown python script on the last job at the end of the process that works fine, but I wanted to make the fail message apart of a notification service. Having a hardwired email address would be pointless for this idea.

Tl;Dr- Is there a way to integrate a universal "email to" parameter within the Notification service?

Thanks for the time.

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +13
Hi Moe

You can send all of the email parameters as JSON within a workspace. By doing this the email address can come from an attribute within the workspace and therefore be read from somewhere else or even set to the email sender that may have initiated the workspace via the notification service.

There is a custom transformer on the FME Store that creates the required JSON  called the FMEServerEmailGenerator. Or have a look at this worskspace here which can be used to receive an email and "reply" to the sender:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/uhfyrhhs7hb7jui/2013Template.fmw

Hope this helps
I knew you could run an email through workspaces through a JSON environment, but I wanted to see if there was an easier way by back-dooring an email service through notifications. But sadly, I do not think that is gonna happen, atleast not with this version of FME. I will work on this and get it to work to my liking.

Thanks!