Solved

FME Server 2013: Workbench name in e-mail notification

Hello

Before we got the FME server we used a Pyhton script in our FME workbenches to send email notifications to our customers. We sent information like: workbench name, input parameters, error logs, …

FME Server has the built in email Notification. By modifying the Email template I was able to send the Job ID, number of written features, time started & time finished, … but wasn't able to send the workbench name. This would be the most important information.

Is there a possibility to send the workbench name with the email notification tool?

Thanks for any advice.

felix

icon

Best answer by fmelizard 5 January 2016, 07:35

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Hi,

you can find the name of the running workspace from a Python script using

currentWorkspace = FME_MacroValues['WORKSPACE_NAME']

David
Hi David

Thanks for your answer. Before we got the FME Server I used a Python shutdown script in every workbench to gather all information (workbench name, input data, error logs,....) and send an email.

Now we would like to use the email notification (email template) from the FME Server instead of manipulating every single workbench.
Badge +1
Has the question been answered? We have FME Server 2015 and I would like to put the name of the FME workspace in the email notification. I don't see that as one of the placeholders, however. Is it possible?

Thanks
Hi Jim

We sticked to our Python shutdown solution (so far). As far as I can remember there were some issues with the notification service. The Workbench name couldn't be sent and the notification Service was not triggered if there was an error in the Workbench itself (or something like that).

With the Python script we are able to list the Workbench name, Job ID, number of read/written features, input/output source path, name of input output featureclasses, start/end Time, logfile as attachment.

With the number of read/written features we can verify if the input/output reaches the expected number of read/written features.

If you like I can post the Python script.

felix
Userlevel 4
Badge +13

This is now possible in FME Server 2016.0 The JSON that is passed contains the repository, workspace name and log URL. Like this:

{ ... "repository": "Samples", "workspace": "austinApartments.fmw", "logUrl": "http://localhost:8080/fmerest/v3/transformations/jobs/id/1/log" }

http://docs.safe.com/fme/2016.0/html/FME_Server_Documentation/Content/ReferenceManual/Email_Templates.htm