Question

Choose from which SQLCreator to pass the data using parameters

Badge +1

Hi,

I have to area on area overlap the source polygons (shapefiles) with the data I am retrieving from 5 different SQL database connections. The shapefiles can be from the whole world and so be the database connections depending on which one to connect to. But, I would only want to read the data from the table where the source polygon exists and not the whole world.

Let's say, I have the shapefile of France and Mexico and Canada, I would only read the databases(one or multiple) from these countries and not waste time in reading the whole world and then AoAO. Also, I am using workspace parameter, so no enable/disable the connections.

I tried using the choice(multiple) parameters but couldn't work through.

Any ideas about it. Attaching connections.

Thanks.

3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +16

Instead of using SQLCreator transformers, I would use the FeatureReader to collect the data.

That allows you to pre-process the Shape file and based on the area, use a different FeatureReader.

The FeatureReader can connect to the database and process a SQL statement (if necessary) or read a table.

Hope this helps.

Userlevel 1
Badge +21

If you want to use sql to select your areas of interest, i'd swap the sqlcreators for sqlexecutors. You can then use a creator to retrieve the parameters and route your trigger feature to the correct sqlexecutor(s)

Badge +1

Thank you for your response @egomm and @erik_jan.

For now, I had tried a new approach. I compare 2 automatically created excelsheets, and put it in SQLExecuter and provide a user parameter to the command.  

select * from lam_mea_oce_sea.mnr_admin_area where country_code_char3 in (@Value(country))

That's how it narrows the filtration. Something of this sort.

0684Q00000ArLUDQA3.png