Question

Upload Url to Fme Cloud for processing

Badge +1

Good Day Everyone

I am trying to create a directory watcher for a NextCloud folder. Once changes are made, run a workspace and publish results back into the NextCloud folder. So I am attempting to first upload the folder to fme server so that I can create a Directory Watcher to look inside the FME Server Resources folder and go from there.

I have managed to get the download url from NextCloud, but I am struggling to conceptualise how to upload the url link as a .zip file to the FME Server Resources / temp folders? I have tried using the "FMEServerResourceConnector", but I either get errors, or it uploads only the url text - and not as a zip file.

Resources I looked at:

upload .zip file to FME Server

fme server playground - upload file in session

As this first post is already 5 years old, I was wondering if there easier way of doing this, without me having diving deep into Rest Apis.

I have attached my nextcloud workspace.fmw as well.

FMENextCloud 

Thank you for your time

Cheers Fred

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +26

I don't think this is the way to go to be honest. I'm not familiar with NextCloud, but if they're able to generate a webhook when a file is saved you can have an automation be triggered by that webhook to get and process the file.

Badge +1

I don't think this is the way to go to be honest. I'm not familiar with NextCloud, but if they're able to generate a webhook when a file is saved you can have an automation be triggered by that webhook to get and process the file.

Thank you

I will give webhooks a try. If I succeed I will post my solution here

Cheers

Fred