Skip to main content

Is it possible to explode blocks using a transformer? Maybe in Python?

Note: I tried using the Deaggregator but no joy.

It is possible to explode blocks via the reader... see this article for more information. As far as I know, the exploding must be done within the reader. Here is another resource that might be useful:

https://knowledge.safe.com/articles/27245/basic-dwg-block-handling-example-exploding-block-e.html

Thanks @courtney_m. The situation is that I've already exploded all blocks using the reader, but the leader elements still act like blocks. Do you know of a way to reduce leaders to line and solid elements?

Thanks @courtney_m. The situation is that I've already exploded all blocks using the reader, but the leader elements still act like blocks. Do you know of a way to reduce leaders to line and solid elements?

When you inspect the leaders, what is the fme_geometry? What format are you writing to (just curious)?

My work-around solution so far is to change the autocad_entity value from autocad_leader to autocad_line, which is good enough for my purposes. Would still like to hear from anyone who knows how to change the Dim Line Color property.

The fme_geometry is line. The dwg writer converts to a leader based on format attributes.