Skip to main content

Hi All,

In a Windows folder, I have lot of .jpg files.

All .jpg files have EXIF information that gives to me GPSLatitude and GPSLongitude of the image.

I want to create a single KML file with as many placemarks as .jpg files.

I want to see the image when I click on the placemark (baloon).

The placemark must have the same name as the JPG file.

Thank you for your help.

Have a good day

Arka

@arka​ Did you check this: https://hub.safe.com/publishers/safe-lab/templates/embed-images-in-kml-files

Hi @arka​ 

Your desired workflow is possible.

Add a JPEG reader for your folder and manually expose the latitude and longitude EXIF format attributes within the reader. To create point geometry for each JPEG file, convert latitude (jpeg_exif_gpslatitude) and longitude (jpeg_exif_gpslongitude) data from DMS to decimal degrees, and use the VertexCreator. Don't forget to apply jpeg_exif_gpslatituderef and jpeg_exif_gpslongituderef to the latitude and longitude values if applicable.

You can use the KMLPropertySetter to set the name of each placemark using fme_basename and add the path to the JPEG image to the balloon.

Another resource you can refer to for embedding images in addition to the template workspace within the balloon is this article on KML transformations

I hope this helps.

Hi @Raghavendran S​  and @debbiatsafe​ 

At first, thank you for your answers.

@Raghavendran S​ I have tried it, but it doesn't work. For sure I don't do the process correctly...

@debbiatsafe​ I will test your solution and I will let you know.

Arka