Skip to main content
Hi all,

I have some question concerning SDE 2 CAD (dwg) translation. I work with DWGStyler transformers. So far it works, but if I open the DWG file the hachure-layer lies over the polyline- and text-layers. Is there a possibility to manage/determine the draworder of the layers? Can I adjust sth. in the DWGStyler or in the advanced parameters?

I would appreciate some tips and help =)

Thanks a lot.

Heike
Hi,

I believe you will have to sort your features in the right order before the writer. See this article, under the heading "Layer sorting".

David
Hi David,

thanks for your answer 🙂 I read the article und tested the FMETypeSorter. It works if I have one writer/feature type (layer).

But I want to generate a few feature types/layers. And I want to regulate the draworder of these feature types/layers to each other and not the draworder inside one feature type/layer.  How can I sort it?

Do you have any other idea or tips?

Thanks a lot.

Heike
Hi Heike,

I have never done this myself, but I suspect you will have to do something like this:
  • for each feature from all input sources, assign a numeric value depending on which layer it belongs to in the DWG (layer id), where the value defines the z-order of the layer
  • for each feature within the same layer, assign another numeric value that defines the internal draw order with the layer (feature id)
  • At this stage, each and every feature to be written to the DWG has two sort IDs: layer id and feature id.
  • Pass ALL the features through the same same Sorter, sorting first by the layer attribute (layer id) and secondly by the feature order (feature id)
  • Your output features should now be sorted first by layer and secondly by their respective draw order within each layer
  • The Sorter should be as close the the output feature types as possible
Let us know how this works (I'm curious myself).

David
Hi David,

it works 🙂 Thank you so much!

I created layer-IDs, send all features through the same sorter and then with testers to  the right writers!

Thank you!

Heike