Skip to main content

Hi all,

I'm trying to write a few layers from a .DWG to ArcGIS Online. Is there a way to keep the symbology of the DWG when writing to AGOL? Or, is there a transformer that can change the symbology of a line/point and then write to AGOL?

Thanks!

@cshir065 If you want to save the symbology so you can round trip back to CAD, have a look at this blog and the article it refers to on How to retain CAD symbology and text in database formats.

If you want to mimic the CAD symbology in you AGOL display, then you have to build that in your AGOL symbology or MXD.

Thanks @markatsafe

I have one more question for you. We use AutoCAD and an extension called AUD (Automated Utility Design). The attributes for features within the drawing are stored within this extension. I can't seem to expose these attributes. Is there a plug-in that I need to purchase in order to expose the attributes stored in AUD?

@cshir

either convert the cad block to svg (fme) and then to emf. (latter you can use inkscape)

Better yet.

Convert acad to svg (fme) and svg to font (fontlab, glyphter, illustrator).

FOntlab is prrty cheap. Online there are a couple like glyphter where you offer your own svg to assemble a font.

Thanks @markatsafe

I have one more question for you. We use AutoCAD and an extension called AUD (Automated Utility Design). The attributes for features within the drawing are stored within this extension. I can't seem to expose these attributes. Is there a plug-in that I need to purchase in order to expose the attributes stored in AUD?

@cshir065 AUD (Automated Utility Design) is a product developed by our partner SpatialBiz. Perhaps one of their team(@erik_jan) can help us on the question of extracting attribution from their designs