Skip to main content

I've got some data in json which have some different geometries in it I want to read these with FME and output geometries, polys, lines, etc

I attached the files, do I need to somehow change the way the coordinates are formatted' to be able to create the geometries? How do I best go about this in fme?

also have pretty much the same data in xml, attached that too.

my plan was to extract the coordinates with attributesplitter but that got troublesome for anything other than a point feature

That's looks like simple OGC WKT.

If you are using the json reader then setting the geometry format to OGC-WKTand supply the path should work (I haven't verified).

If you are receiving the json as an attribute, the jsonFragmentor followed by a GeometryReplacer (OGC_WKT) set to either Deviation.Geometry.WGS84 or Deviation.Geometry.SWEREF99TM will work.

That's looks like simple OGC WKT.

If you are using the json reader then setting the geometry format to OGC-WKTand supply the path should work (I haven't verified).

If you are receiving the json as an attribute, the jsonFragmentor followed by a GeometryReplacer (OGC_WKT) set to either Deviation.Geometry.WGS84 or Deviation.Geometry.SWEREF99TM will work.

Amazeballs, thanks I didn't know about this stuff before!