Skip to main content

could i ask how to extract from oracle file specific city and the neigbohrs of this city.from the 4 side if available .

should i write code in ql statement or what should i do .

i do not want to have only one city ,i need also to get the neighbor cities so when i have lines intersected in specific city and neighbor city ,so i could know which neighbor city and intersected with which point .

thank for any help

Without knowing your exact situation it's going to be very hard to come up with an answer. But I'll try:

If you use a FeatureReader to read the Oracle database you can set a spatial filter, which can be intersect. So if you use the outline of your city of interest as the initiator and set the spatial filter option to "intiator intersects result" it should read all features from the database that intersect.

On a general note: your questions tend to be fairly detailed, but are often without context or samples. It would help us a lot if you could add some general background about what you're trying to do, show us what you've tried so far, show an image, show us your data etc. We want to help you, but you have to help us help you. We're all volunteering our time here, so please try and make efficient use of that time.

Without knowing your exact situation it's going to be very hard to come up with an answer. But I'll try:

If you use a FeatureReader to read the Oracle database you can set a spatial filter, which can be intersect. So if you use the outline of your city of interest as the initiator and set the spatial filter option to "intiator intersects result" it should read all features from the database that intersect.

On a general note: your questions tend to be fairly detailed, but are often without context or samples. It would help us a lot if you could add some general background about what you're trying to do, show us what you've tried so far, show an image, show us your data etc. We want to help you, but you have to help us help you. We're all volunteering our time here, so please try and make efficient use of that time.

Thanks a lot ,I will try ur way,unfortunately Iam not able to share the data but I would like to thank u a lot for ur help and suggestions ,i learned alot from u .