Skip to main content

Hi, I know this is still being developed but we are trialing the use of the reader to write GIS information. At this stage I am able to work around some of the export problems from 12d model BUT i cannot solve generating individual pipe geometry segments from a <string_drainage> object. any guidance would be appreciated.

<string_drainage>

<data_3d></data_3d> - Geometry

<pit></pit> - Pit information (xyz)

<pipe></pipe> Pipe information (no direct Geometry)

</string_drainage>

Hi @stuartpaice, thank you for your question. Would it be possible for you to provide some sample data, so it might be easier for people from the community to look into it? Thanks!

Hi @stuartpaice, thank you for your question. Would it be possible for you to provide some sample data, so it might be easier for people from the community to look into it? Thanks!

hi @alyssaatsafe, the sample i can provide is active project work and has a SA attached to it. I have discussed this internally and happy to share privately and confidentially. can you send me a direct upload location for these files.

hi @alyssaatsafe, the sample i can provide is active project work and has a SA attached to it. I have discussed this internally and happy to share privately and confidentially. can you send me a direct upload location for these files.

Hi @stuartpaice, sounds great. I would encourage you to submit a case at https://www.safe.com/support/report-a-problem/ where you can upload the file. Or you can email them into if that's a preferred option. Thank you!

Hi @stuartpaice, sounds great. I would encourage you to submit a case at https://www.safe.com/support/report-a-problem/ where you can upload the file. Or you can email them into if that's a preferred option. Thank you!

case number is C152773 i have shared the Tri-Mesh which highlights the independent segments and the String where this is joined. we are working on another issue with 12d around the lines not retaining the curve.
case number is C152773 i have shared the Tri-Mesh which highlights the independent segments and the String where this is joined. we are working on another issue with 12d around the lines not retaining the curve.

Thank you! We will follow up from there.