Solved

Writing to SDE, get error with feature caching off, works with feature caching on!

Badge +10

Hi,

I have spent most of the morning going down a rabbit hole and really am none the wiser. I am writing out some content to a feature class in SDE. When I run the full process with feature caching on or off I get a failure to write with a very unhelpful ESRI error:

An error occurred while attempting to insert a row into the table 'DBO.xxxx' using a cursor. The error number from ArcObjects is: '-2147418113'. The error message from ArcObjects is: {}

However if I run it with feature caching on, up to the last transformer and then run to the writer afterwards the content goes into the SDE, no error.

If I write to a ffs file then push that to sde. It works.

My suspicion is that I am using a feature reader, it seems like SDE doesnt recieve all the right info about the schema before FME tries to write to it, whereas it does when feature caching is enabled?

Any ideas very much appreciated.

Thanks

Oliver

icon

Best answer by ebygomm 22 June 2020, 13:18

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +21

I've seen the same 'helpful' error recently, although the circumstances were slightly different. What do you have your python compatibility set to?

Badge +10

I've seen the same 'helpful' error recently, although the circumstances were slightly different. What do you have your python compatibility set to?

3.7+ at the moment. Thanks for the help.

Badge +10

I changed to ESRI Pro 2.1-2.5 (Python 3.6) and this sorted the issue bizarre. Wow, only lost a days work debugging this. Thank you so much for the help @ebygomm

Userlevel 1
Badge +21

3.7+ at the moment. Thanks for the help.

The answer provided by @markatsafe here resolved the issue for us

https://knowledge.safe.com/questions/108266/sde-write-error-2147418113.html