Skip to main content

Question of the Week: Show us your pets

This is week three of the August photo contest in the FME Community! If you missed week two, find it here.

Congratulations to our randomly selected week two winners @tnarladni and @raghavendrans! You’ve each won a $25 Amazon gift card.

This week’s challenge: show us a photo of your pet. Bonus points if they’re wearing FME swag! Post it in the comments below.

Don’t have a pet? Show us a photo of wildlife in your area.

How the Contest Works

Each Tuesday in August, our Question of the Week will be themed around photography - from sharing a photo of your workspace view to capturing your furry friends with Safe swag! 

Answer the weekly question and share a photo in our Question of the Week Forum. Each question you answer with a photo earns you an entry for that week’s prize draw and our grand prizes!

What You Can Win: 

• Weekly wins: Two lucky winners will be randomly chosen each week (8 total) to win a $25 Amazon gift card 
  • Community Choice: The photo with the most upvotes at the contest’s end will snag a DJI Action Camera ($300 USD value)
  • Safe Software’s Choice: Our Safer judging panel will pick their favourite photo to win another DJI Action Camera ($300 USD value)

Contest Guidelines

The contest runs from August 6 to August 30, 2024. You must be a registered user in the community to participate. Find the full contest guidelines here.

I don’t think Ada was very impressed with her FME cap

I don’t have any pets of my own but I’ve moved house a few months ago and the neighbor’s cats still consider my back yard to be their territory, does that count? They’re slowly warming up to me (although from a safe distance) but in early spring I was still getting dirty looks from the fence from them 😅

I don’t think Ada was very impressed with her FME cap

I am loving this photo shoot! 😆

I don’t have any pets of my own but I’ve moved house a few months ago and the neighbor’s cats still consider my back yard to be their territory, does that count? They’re slowly warming up to me (although from a safe distance) but in early spring I was still getting dirty looks from the fence from them 😅

Maybe it needs some FME swag! 😜

Sunny, the 10 Week old Golden Pup.

Adorable!

Holly’s work face 

Holly’s work face 

I don’t know how you get any work done with that face 😍

Jack the lionhearted

I don’t currently have any pets but I live by Vancouver’s seawall and often see otters and seals on walks and runs! Earlier this year, I finally spotted an orca from the seawall 🐳

This is Meeya, out 11-year-old goldy. She has expensive taste in shoes, when she was a pup, she went straight past the Kmart joggers to the RM’s (an iconic Australian boot brand) for something to chew. Thankfully, she is now a lot less destructive. She rules the house and has many spots where she will sit to keep an eye on things. When I work from home, she will often waylay me on my “commute” down the hall, which invariably leads to a five-minute session of patting and playing with whatever toy has taken her fancy that day (or that look that only a dog can give if I haven’t given her enough attention). She loves he daily walks and also loves exploring the local creek where she can get nice and wet and muddy. She is part of the family.

Maybe it needs some FME swag! 😜

Perhaps. This morning I had to break up a catfight in my own back yard though. Apparently one of the other neighborhood cats also considers it his territory 🐱

Absolutely beautiful. 

Samson living his best life :D

Ever since I brought home my FME pets Mr. FME Lizard and Mr. FME Zipster after winning them as prizes at the FME Hackathons and 12 days of FME contests by @mark2atsafe , they have been my pets at work.

Mr. FME Lizard after his retirement (with Safe Software rebranding) loves to do a lot of yoga on the FME World Fair 2021 beach towel.

Here are some interesting snaps of my pets!

Starting with Mr. FME Lizard trying a yoga pose like Jean Claude van Damme in his Epic split 

Here is another yoga pose with the FME Zipsters

Mr. FME Lizard in the twisted legs yogic posture with the FME Zipsters securing the area from his fans!

Mr. FME Lizard says, it is time for some push ups after yoga!

Mr. FME Lizard’s relaxing yoga posture (shavasana) after all the yoga and push ups for restorative yoga!

PS: Now a behind the scenes candid photo of a terrible fall by Mr. FME Lizard while trying the twisted legs yoga pose!

Thank you my FME pets for all the nice postures!

Cheers

Happy FME :- )

SRG

Samson living his best life :D

No kidding!

Ever since I brought home my FME pets Mr. FME Lizard and Mr. FME Zipster after winning them as prizes at the FME Hackathons and 12 days of FME contests by @mark2atsafe , they have been my pets at work.

Mr. FME Lizard after his retirement (with Safe Software rebranding) loves to do a lot of yoga on the FME World Fair 2021 beach towel.

Starting with Mr. FME Lizard trying a yoga pose like Jean Claude van Damme in his Epic split 

Mr. FME Lizard in the twisted legs yogic posture with the FME Zipsters securing the area from his fans!

Mr. FME Lizard’s relaxing yoga posture (shavasana) after all the yoga and push ups for restorative yoga!

PS: Now a behind the scenes candid photo of a terrible fall by Mr. FME Lizard while trying the twisted legs yoga pose!

Cheers

SRG

Thank you for a morning laugh! 😆

Pongo loves nothing than sleeping on my desk. I had to install a small box for him in order to get access to my keyboard. 

Sometimes he wakes up and dreams of hunting the deers that eat up anything we plant in the garden 😁

Our dog Mel here in Brazil :)

Offcourse Mel understand all FME Form and Flow.

Cheers

SRG

You’re having way too much fun :)

This is Meeya with my only bit of FME swag

Meet Dancing Daisy our Rottie mix.  She’s been with us for over 13 years.

And this is Aurora, a Staffordshire terrier.  She’s been part of our family for 6 years.  Both dogs came to us from the SPCA. 

Meet Dancing Daisy our Rottie mix.  She’s been with us for over 13 years.

And this is Aurora, a Staffordshire terrier.  She’s been part of our family for 6 years.  Both dogs came to us from the SPCA. 

Great photos!