Solved

Support for Esri Geodatabase (ArcSDE Geodb) on FME Server running on Linux (with ArcGIS Server)

• 22 March 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge +3

I have a distributed FME Server deployment (core + n Engines). One of the Engine hosts has been dedicated to run jobs that require to write/read to/from Esri Geodatabase (SDE). In order to enable that I deployed ArcGIS Server on that machine (it is licensed and running).

Unfortunately when running a job that tries to read from SDE (Oracle) I got the following error:

60	Creating reader for format: Esri Geodatabase (ArcSDE Geodb)
61 Trying to find a DYNAMIC plugin for reader named `GEODATABASE_SDE'
62 Could not load module '/opt/fme-engine-2022/plugins/..\geodatabase9.so' : '/opt/fme-engine-2022/plugins/..\geodatabase9.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory'
63 Module '..\geodatabase9' is unavailable for use with this FME edition

Is this configuration (access to SDE GDB from Linux machine) supported? Should I try to use Windows based Engine machine with ArcGIS Server?

FME Server version: FME Server 2022.2.4, Build 22792 - linux-x64

ArcGIS Server: 11.0 Advanced

icon

Best answer by nielsgerrits 22 March 2023, 16:52

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +33

I'm no expert but looking at the SDE format page I think your conclusion is correct.

Userlevel 5
Badge +29

I'm no expert but looking at the SDE format page I think your conclusion is correct.

Correct. SDE reading/writing is limited to windows only.

Badge +3

Confirmed - Windows based Engine works as expected.