Solved

Is it possible to set no fill when writing to DGN?

• 15 February 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge +2

With the DGNStyler you can set a fill color, but is has to be a value. In Microstation there is an option to set 'No Fill' (see screenshot below).

Is it possbile to set a no fill directly in FME (with the DGNStyler or otherwise)? I tried a few things with 'igds_fill_color' and 'fme_fill_color'; however so far no success.

icon

Best answer by daveatsafe 15 February 2023, 23:27

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

Hi @stefanh​,

We seem to have an issue with the DGN v8 writer when the DGNStyler is used, but no fill color is chosen. This should result in a NoFill polygon, but instead the fill is set to color 241, as you have seen. I have alerted our development team to fix this, but in the meantime you can get NoFill polygons using the following method:

• Add an AttributeExposer after the DGNStyler to expose the attribute fme_fill_color
  • Add a AttributeRemover to remove fme_fill_color
  • If your source data is also Microstation, you may need to remove the igds_fill_color attribute as well.
Badge +2

At first I tried to set no value in the field 'RGB Fill Color', but this didn't work out.

Thanks for the workaround, this is working.

@daveatsafe​  When do you think it will be fixed?

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

Hi @stefanh​,

We seem to have an issue with the DGN v8 writer when the DGNStyler is used, but no fill color is chosen. This should result in a NoFill polygon, but instead the fill is set to color 241, as you have seen. I have alerted our development team to fix this, but in the meantime you can get NoFill polygons using the following method:

• Add an AttributeExposer after the DGNStyler to expose the attribute fme_fill_color
  • Add a AttributeRemover to remove fme_fill_color
  • If your source data is also Microstation, you may need to remove the igds_fill_color attribute as well.

Hi @stefanh​,

This issue has been fixed in FME 2023.0 beta versions b23239 and higher, which should be available from safe.com/beta shortly.