Solved

Target attribute containing a colon with TestFilter

• 8 February 2023
  • 4 replies

I have loaded some features from an Open Street Map file (.OSM). Some features have the attribute "oneway" and "oneway:bicycle". I'm a able to create a test clause targeting "oneway". When I try to do the same for "oneway:bicycle", I get an error: "Specified attribute does not exist" (see image at the end).

This causes the software to show a warning before running the workflow. Strangely enough, the filter is applied perfectly fine! Am I doing something wrong? Or can the warning maybe be a bug?

fme-issuefme-issue2

icon

Best answer by ebygomm 8 February 2023, 15:54

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +26

Try exposing oneway:bicycle prior to your TestFilter using an AttributeExposer.

Userlevel 1
Badge +21

Is the attribute actually exposed? Just because it is available in the feature information window doesn't mean it's available on the canvas. It does exist, hence why your workflow still runs, despite the warning, but if it's not exposed you can't reference it in a transformer

Try exposing oneway:bicycle prior to your TestFilter using an AttributeExposer.

That did the trick, thank you!

Is the attribute actually exposed? Just because it is available in the feature information window doesn't mean it's available on the canvas. It does exist, hence why your workflow still runs, despite the warning, but if it's not exposed you can't reference it in a transformer

Adding the AttributeExposer did indeed work, thank you!