Question

How to fix the Scaling for High DPI Displays on FME Workbench 2022?

• 7 February 2023
  • 2 replies

Hi, I am working using a 4K display. While using the 2021 versions of FME Workbench everything was rendering perfectly. However, with the new 2022 versions everything is smaller and most elements of the UI does not render correctly. I have tried to Override high DPI scaling behavior but that only caused everything to blur and nothing was scaled up. Also I looked for the "Enable automatic scaling for High DPI displays" option in the Appearance Advance options, but apparently it was removed (PLEASE add it back!!).

I have noticed this issue for a while (since version 2022.1.0.0) but I had decided to continue working on the an older version and wait for an update. Well, now we are at version 2022.2.2.0 and the issue is still there.

Please try to address this issue in the next update since is way too difficult for anyone to work like this and is not healthy since is hurting our eyes.

Below an image showing a comparison between the two versions.

Comparison

2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +13

Hey there @tlazarou​, sorry for not reaching out sooner! This parameter was temporarily added to workaround an issue on the backend of FME Workbench (a module had an issue with their high DPI scaling of applications). Since FME 2022.x the parameter been removed because we updated the module (on the backend) once the fix was available! Although the parameter has disappeared from FME Options, I think we can still change your system scaling by following Nampreet's suggestions, here. Hope this helps! Kailin.

Hey there @tlazarou​, sorry for not reaching out sooner! This parameter was temporarily added to workaround an issue on the backend of FME Workbench (a module had an issue with their high DPI scaling of applications). Since FME 2022.x the parameter been removed because we updated the module (on the backend) once the fix was available! Although the parameter has disappeared from FME Options, I think we can still change your system scaling by following Nampreet's suggestions, here. Hope this helps! Kailin.

Hi @kailinatsafe​ I already tried Nampreet's suggestions this what I mean on my initial post by "Override high DPI scaling behavior". I didn't just came here and post, I have tried a lot of method, also I noticed that this issue is not included in the known issues for FME 2022.x. Furthermore, if you look under Nampreet's post you will see that I have replied to that post since November 2, 2022. Nampreet's solution does not apply to FME 2022.x! That solution that worked with older versions now just makes the issue worst since everything blur up!