Solved

WFS service "Ignore GetFeature Error"

• 30 January 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge

Hi all,

I have an WFS from a vendor that contains several polygons and associated attribute information. When I attempt to read via the OGC WFS reader, I encounter an error:

<WFS> An error occurred while reading a GetFeature response, to ignore the error and avoid losing the previously read features, set the WFS "Ignore GetFeature Error" parameter. Total features downloaded: '0'

As instructed, I've attempted to modify this setting, but continue to receive this error even when I've set to ignore.

I've tried several iteration of different settings in the reader to attempt to resolve to no avail. I have noticed that if I enable the option to Disable XML Namespace Processing that I no longer receive the error, but I still do not get any returns -- perhaps there is some other setting I should investigate?

I'm certain that this is specific to the reader as I am able to view returns from this WFS URL via httpCaller, Postman, and as a ArcGIS Online service.

Any help/suggestion appreciated!

icon

Best answer by jmcc01 31 January 2023, 21:01

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +13

Hello @jmcc01​, thanks for posting to the community! Sorry you're having issues with the WFS Reader. Would you be able to share:

• what version/build of FME Desktop you're currently using?
  • a sample WFS URL

If the HTTPCaller can bring features in, the WFS Reader should be able too as well. Let me know if you're unable to share the URL publically. Happy to help, Kailin.

Badge

Hello @jmcc01​, thanks for posting to the community! Sorry you're having issues with the WFS Reader. Would you be able to share:

• what version/build of FME Desktop you're currently using?
  • a sample WFS URL

If the HTTPCaller can bring features in, the WFS Reader should be able too as well. Let me know if you're unable to share the URL publically. Happy to help, Kailin.

Hi @kailinatsafe​ . Thanks for the response!

We've been able to finally get this resolved by adjusting two components of the request.

First we removed a parameter from the URL for the feature type selection. Instead, we used the Feature Types selection within the constraints parameters of the reader to select the feature type. We suspect that having the feature type selection in the URL and in the constraints was causing confusion for the reader.

We also adjusted the connection and timeout transfer length from 90 seconds to 1000.

Both adjustments has resolved the issue.

Userlevel 3
Badge +13

Hi @kailinatsafe​ . Thanks for the response!

We've been able to finally get this resolved by adjusting two components of the request.

First we removed a parameter from the URL for the feature type selection. Instead, we used the Feature Types selection within the constraints parameters of the reader to select the feature type. We suspect that having the feature type selection in the URL and in the constraints was causing confusion for the reader.

We also adjusted the connection and timeout transfer length from 90 seconds to 1000.

Both adjustments has resolved the issue.

Hello @jmcc01​, glad you figured it out! Thank you for the update! For the future, if you run into any other WFS issues, you can try taking a look at this troubleshooting guide! Happy to help, Kailin.