Question

Geopackage version and ArcGIS Pro compatibility

• 24 January 2023
  • 1 reply

Badge +5

Hi,

I have a workspace I am wanting to upgrade from FME 2019.2.3.2 to 2022.2. It creates geopackages that could be read in either QGIS 3.22 (late 2021 release) or ArcGIS Pro 2.6.10. We just tested and they also open in ArcGIS Pro 2.9.5 (Oct 2022 release).

Upon upgrading (with or without changing the feature writer to specifically use the new OGC Geopackage writer format) ArcGIS Pro can no longer read the output. QGIS can read it fine.

Whilst I presume this is likely an esri compatibility issue, what I am wondering is what the underlying SQLite version is, and what the Geopackage version is - I could not find this in the documentation of the writer (easily - forgive me if I have missed something)?

I then have something to check against the esri compatibility as they list out the versions supported.

Cheers

John

1 reply

Badge +6

Hi @johnt​, you can find our notes on FME and Esri compatibility here. According to the article ArcGIS Pro 2.9.x is compatible with FME 2021.2 or higher (64 bit only).

The GeoPackage Writer produces version 1.2.0 because we are limited to the version that GDAL supports. We have an internal ticket (FMEENGINE-75532) to track the upgrade of the GeoPackage Reader/Writer to 1.3.1 when support becomes available. The OGC GeoPackage version that we support is better documented by the OGC here. Hope this answers your question.