Solved

Why don't I see "power" attribute from a GPX file?

• 8 January 2023
  • 6 replies

It's been a while since I posted but I am doing something different and after spending some time looking in the forums for a solution, I thought I would just post it.  It's probably something simple, but I have limited experience with FME.

I downloaded a GPX file from my bike computer and want to do some data processing on it, but when I view the file in FME Inspector, I am missing the "power" attribute which appears in the GPS as shown below.  

<trkpt lat="43.7513380" lon="-80.5606200">
    <ele>335.6</ele>
    <time>2023-01-07T13:02:24Z</time>
    <extensions>
     <power>36</power>
     <gpxtpx:TrackPointExtension>
      <gpxtpx:atemp>20</gpxtpx:atemp>
      <gpxtpx:hr>89</gpxtpx:hr>
      <gpxtpx:cad>51</gpxtpx:cad>
     </gpxtpx:TrackPointExtension>
    </extensions>
   </trkpt>

I do get the time, temperature, hr and cad, but not <power>.

I expect it has something to with the fact that it is not in the <gpxtpx> section, but then neither is time or elevation, but I see them in FME.  How do I expose <power>?

icon

Best answer by dustin 9 January 2023, 14:21

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +30

Hello @ronmak​ 

Please, could you share your data?

Hello @ronmak​ 

Please, could you share your data?

Here is the data. Don't get too hung up on the spatial data. It is from a bike computer on a trainer that wasnt really going anywhere!

Userlevel 6
Badge +33

I do not have an answer, but as it is XML, it is not too hard do it yourself. XMLFragmenter to get the trackpoints using gpx/trk/trkseg/trkpt as elements to match, enable flattening and you're done.

Userlevel 3
Badge +26

Use the XML reader instead of the GPX reader. You will need to set the Elements to Match parameter to the trkpt element.

Userlevel 4
Badge +30

Use the XML reader instead of the GPX reader. You will need to set the Elements to Match parameter to the trkpt element.

Great solution. Congratulations!

resulting chartThanks! It works great.