Solved

FME Beta 2023.0 - new conditional visibility of parameters broken?

Badge +3

I was excited about this new feature announced at FME UC 2022 and as soon as I saw the beta for 2023 dropped (and I also really want to test this on Server Apps), I downloaded to test. However it seems broken. The drop-down isn't revealing anything. Shouldn't it reveal one of the other parameters as input? Or am I missing something? Thanks. image

icon

Best answer by mark2atsafe 24 February 2023, 18:42

View original

11 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +12

It works with a choice:

Auswahl

Badge +3

It works with a choice:

Auswahl

Thanks a lot for the tip. I was/am expecting it to work with all other parameter types though (why expose the ability if it's not available?). Having said that, I can confirm it works for choice parameters. I would definitely expect a Yes/No checkbox to work in the same way though. image image

Badge +3

So it also looks like order of parameters is important as well in terms of whether a choice parameter is available for selection. I was also able to crash the software (hung up and exited without warning) when moving the choice parameter used in the visibility settings of another parameter to the end of the list.

Badge +7

So it also looks like order of parameters is important as well in terms of whether a choice parameter is available for selection. I was also able to crash the software (hung up and exited without warning) when moving the choice parameter used in the visibility settings of another parameter to the end of the list.

Hi @dbaldacchino1​, a bug has been logged for this issue.

Badge +7

Thanks a lot for the tip. I was/am expecting it to work with all other parameter types though (why expose the ability if it's not available?). Having said that, I can confirm it works for choice parameters. I would definitely expect a Yes/No checkbox to work in the same way though. image image

Only choice parameters will be supported for the first release of dependent parameters. This will be reflected in the documentation. Safe is also looking at ways to improve the UI as the feature gets built out incrementally in 2023 and beyond.

Badge +7

We have also created a new 'megathread' (found here) to try and consolidate all discussions around the 2023 beta.

Badge +3

We have also created a new 'megathread' (found here) to try and consolidate all discussions around the 2023 beta.

Thanks a lot Matt, will post any issues I come across in testing in that thread.

Badge +3

Thanks. I would really, really like to see a Yes/No checkbox also make it in the first round. I think it's the most natural one you'd expect this kind of thing to work with.

Userlevel 4
Badge +25

If you check the latest, you'll find that other types have now got the conditional treatment, including the Yes/No type.

Badge +3

Nice! Thanks for the heads up, will test soon. Especially since FME Server is available as well.

Thanks. I discovered this website when searching for essay samples on the internet: https://www.topwritersreview.com/reviews/darwinessay/ There may be several websites here that can assist me in locating the ideal essay sample.