Solved

FME Server Email Authentication OAUTH

• 14 November 2022
  • 2 replies

Badge +16

We recently upgraded to FME Server 2022.2 and were having issues adding an emailer to an FME Automation. After inserting an emailer within an Automation, we are receiving an error when attempting to validate the email after putting in the Client ID of the app registration that we created within Azure Active Directory App Registration.

We are receiving this error when validating:

fme_error 

Is there a walkthrough going over the new Microsoft Office365 email authentication within FME Server? I see the FME Desktop emailer has been updated to use a web connection, and I'm able to successfully create this web connection and send an email, but still having issues within FME Server email automation.

icon

Best answer by warrendev 18 November 2022, 19:40

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

Hi @Chris Warren​ ,

Can you try changing this setting in your Azure App and see if it works after?

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/45609432/how-do-i-resolve-the-error-aadsts7000218-the-request-body-must-contain-the-foll

Or please find and modify a setting called “allow public client flows” to Yes, this should restored your ability for Server to retrieve the emails via IMAP.

Hope this helps!

Kezia

Badge +16

Hi @keziaatsafe,

I did have the setting to allow public client flows, but I had forgot to add the permission for SMTP. After adding that permission, and IMAP for email polling, everything works great! Thanks for the help.