Solved

What versions of OGC Geopackage and SQLite does FME produce ?

• 11 November 2022
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1
Badge +22

I'm having a hard time determining which version of OGCGEOPACKAGE that FME produces ? It's not in the writer doc, so I'm asking here.

And subsequently, what version of SQLite is produced? (newest is 3.39.4 from Sep 29 this year)

As far as I can gather, the versions has been fixed since 2020.0? Is this true?

In the "gpkg_extensions" table I found a reference to "spec120", which may (or may not) indicate, that the Geopackage version is 1.2.0, a fairly old version (newest is 1.3.1).

And the real question is what extensions are the SQLite database born with? Clearly not "foreign _keys".

Can one update some template database if one needs a newer version/more extensions?

Cheers.

icon

Best answer by evieatsafe 18 November 2022, 21:56

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 1
Badge +15

Hi @Lars I Nielsen​ thanks for your questions! There is more than one question here, but I'll try to answer most of what you asked to the best of my ability.

• GeoPackage Writer produces version 1.2.0 because we are limited to the version that GDAL supports
  • We do have an internal ticket (FMEENGINE-75532) to track the upgrade of the GeoPackage Reader/Writer to 1.3.1 when support becomes available
  • The OGC GeoPackage version that we support is better documented by OGC themselves (here).

• SQLite Writer produces version 3.36.0
  • Not sure on what extensions they are created with

Hope this helps!