Question

how could i extract text from DGN File ?

• 31 October 2022
  • 5 replies

Badge +13

Hello ,

i would like to extract text from DGN File , it shown on map and use this text later as attribute ,Does it possible ?

i have attached screenshot of text in DGN file

any help please

5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +26

The DGN reader will read the text objects. You can filter out those objects with the GeometryFilter, selecting text in the Output Types.

Badge +3

Use attribute exposer transformer. Expose attributes "igds_text_string" or "fme_text_string"

and then you can use Labeller or LabelPointReplacer to plot it and write to the attribute exposerdestination.

Badge +13

Use attribute exposer transformer. Expose attributes "igds_text_string" or "fme_text_string"

and then you can use Labeller or LabelPointReplacer to plot it and write to the attribute exposerdestination.

Thanks but both of Fme _text_string or igds_text_string has missing data .no thing written .

The DGN file has polygon with road data and I would like to extract the road names as shown as in photo .How could I achieve that ?

FME 2021

Badge +13

The DGN reader will read the text objects. You can filter out those objects with the GeometryFilter, selecting text in the Output Types.

Thanks but after using geometry filter .my output has no text ,all is gone to unfiltered .

do u have other idea ?

Badge +3

photo not clear. please send us the sample / small piece of data dgn file