Question

The Google BigQuery Writer (FME Desktop Package) is not working. Is the problem on my side ?

• 9 August 2022
  • 3 replies

Badge +1

Hi,

I posted this earlier on the Package page, but I'll paste it here to be sure to get an answer.

So, I get this error while trying to authenticate with my Google account:

Authorization Error Error 401: disabled_client Sign in with Google temporarily disabled for this app. This app has not been verified yet by Google in order to use Google Sign In. Learn more Request Details The content in this section has been provided by the app developer. This content has not been reviewed or verified by Google. If you’re the app developer, make sure that these request details comply with Google policies. access_type: offline approval_prompt: force response_type: code redirect_uri: urn:ietf:wg:oauth:2.0:oob client_id: ERASED.apps.googleusercontent.com scope: https://www.googleapis.com/auth/bigquery

Is the package valid or is it something I should check on my side ?

Thanks

Philippe

3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +10

HI @philsc​! Are you using a Google Biq Query App that you created or if you are using the default web service that is shipped with FME?

If you are using a custom app, did you update the web service (Google BigQuery (safe.google-bigquery) to include your client id/secret and redirect uri? When working with packages, you cannot create a second service from a template as the package can only make use of the web service that it is downloaded with. We are aware of this shortcoming and have a development request to improve this as packages should have the ability to make use of user created web services.

If you could confirm the web service definition in Tools > FME Options > Web Connections > Manage Servies that would be great. You can download the .json credentials from the Google Cloud console to confirm that the settings are mapped correctly. In the past we have seen a mismatched redirect URI cause this error as the web service in FME uses urn:ietf:wg:oauth:2.0:oob but the app is using http://localhost. If you are creating a new app for the first time, we have a similar set of instructions under Resolution 2 on this article.

Badge +1

HI @philsc​! Are you using a Google Biq Query App that you created or if you are using the default web service that is shipped with FME?

If you are using a custom app, did you update the web service (Google BigQuery (safe.google-bigquery) to include your client id/secret and redirect uri? When working with packages, you cannot create a second service from a template as the package can only make use of the web service that it is downloaded with. We are aware of this shortcoming and have a development request to improve this as packages should have the ability to make use of user created web services.

If you could confirm the web service definition in Tools > FME Options > Web Connections > Manage Servies that would be great. You can download the .json credentials from the Google Cloud console to confirm that the settings are mapped correctly. In the past we have seen a mismatched redirect URI cause this error as the web service in FME uses urn:ietf:wg:oauth:2.0:oob but the app is using http://localhost. If you are creating a new app for the first time, we have a similar set of instructions under Resolution 2 on this article.

Hi Nampreet, Thanks for your answer. Full disclosure first : I'm kind of a noob in GCP and don't have admin rights so I'm not sure how far I will be able to go from now on. I've been told that for security and privacy reasons, the web connections are not allowed on our GCP servers. Looks like we only support 1.User Authentication or 2.Temporary Keys. With that being said, I tried using the ODBC 3.X reader to connect to GCP and always get error messages like this one : |ERROR |Database Error Message: [Simba][BigQuery] (70) Invalid query: Syntax error: Unexpected string literal "`tqbia_formation_pr_dataset`" at [1:15] or I believe that is some kind of parsing error as FME is adding double quotes to all table names and GCP doesn't seem to recognize this. Any suggestions? Thanks a lot Philippe

Hi @nampreetatsafe​ I'm currently facing the same issue. Using the GoogleBigQueryConnector transformer, authentication process is always return 401 error code.

I previously working with this transformer and it working fine, I'm not sure if this transformer isn't yet verified by Google?

Could you please take a look on this?

Thanks!Authentication always failedGoogleBigQueryConnector 401 error code