Question

put the 3D pipe on a straight line

Badge +3

I want to put the 3D pipe on a straight line, the PipeReplacer has thickness, I want to replace it with my own model, is there a good way, thank you,

5 replies

Badge +3

@takashi hi,can you provide some advices?

Badge +2

Hi @charry​ ,

I think you might need to use the SharedItemAdder/SharedItemIDSetter in this case. I'm not super familiar with these transformers but this article hopefully explains it in greater detail. Since you don't want to use the PipeReplacer to replace a straight line, you could get the orientation of the line, then take the center point to insert your model at that location/orientation.

Not sure what the other options are here but perhaps if you expand on your input feature(s) and the desired output(s) others may be able to provide more suggestions?

Hope that helps!

Badge +3

Hi @charry​ ,

I think you might need to use the SharedItemAdder/SharedItemIDSetter in this case. I'm not super familiar with these transformers but this article hopefully explains it in greater detail. Since you don't want to use the PipeReplacer to replace a straight line, you could get the orientation of the line, then take the center point to insert your model at that location/orientation.

Not sure what the other options are here but perhaps if you expand on your input feature(s) and the desired output(s) others may be able to provide more suggestions?

Hope that helps!

thanks,i will try it,point replace is no problem,for line i have no idea, i suggest the PipeReplacer can use 0 to set inside radius

Badge +3

anyone can provide some advice?

Badge +3

hi​,@david_r