Question

How to fix the coordinates in a CSV file?

• 17 April 2022
  • 7 replies

Badge

Van_coordinatesScreenshot 2022-04-17 125608Hi, does anyone know how to fix the "Geom" field and turn it into appropriate coordinates? I downloaded the CSV file from the city of Vancouver open portal and ran it in the FEM workspace without changing any parameters, but I couldn't see any point features after. I was wondering if I should fix the attributes as the coordinates are within the same field? Thank you!

7 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +30

Hi @debbiewly​ 

I used the transformer JSONFlattener to extract the informations that you want:

Workspace_JSON 

Attached the Workspace.

Thanks in Advance,

Danilo

Badge +2

@debbiewly​ It is odd that the City of Vancouver distributes it's point geometry as GeoJSON. You can use the GeometryReplacer and select Geometry Encoding: GeoJSON

Badge

Hi @debbiewly​ 

I used the transformer JSONFlattener to extract the informations that you want:

Workspace_JSON 

Attached the Workspace.

Thanks in Advance,

Danilo

It works! Thanks @danilo_fme

Userlevel 4
Badge +30

It works! Thanks @danilo_fme

Oh Thanks your feedback! :)

Badge

Hi @Mark Stoakes​ , I am wondering if it is normal that the coordinates are gone after running the GeometryReplacer? Since I can no longer see the coordinates in the attribute.

Userlevel 2
Badge +11

Hi @Mark Stoakes​ , I am wondering if it is normal that the coordinates are gone after running the GeometryReplacer? Since I can no longer see the coordinates in the attribute.

@debbiewly​ By default the "Remove Attribute" parameter on the GeometryReplacer is set to "Yes". Did you change it to "No"?

use JSONFlattener to extract data.

papajohns promo codes