Question

Fanout output directory setup

• 17 February 2022
  • 4 replies

Hello

I 'm trying to have the Fanout output directory stamped by date, I successfully did that except FME creates 2 folders of same content except one with the date stamp and the other without. Both directories are identical from inside, any advice?

I'm using the parquet writer to export Revit elements properties to parquet files, here is my settings for output directory.

Fanout output directory settingsThe output comes as following:

Fanout output directory resultWhat I was expecting is the folder with date only???

The same other folder "rst_basic_sample_project" with all its content is replicated in "2022-02-17"

I only want "2022-02-17"

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +25

Is all of the content in the folder with the timestamp replicated in the one without the timestamp?

Is all of the content in the folder with the timestamp replicated in the one without the timestamp?

yes

Fanout output comparisonFrom the figure you can see this clearly.

Userlevel 4
Badge +25

You do seem to have two Parquet writers. Is this intentional?

You do seem to have two Parquet writers. Is this intentional?

Yes, but it turned out the issue was coming from something else. I connected the starter and the dates tamper to the writer node, which has been considered as two different data streams so that is why the duplication happened.

The problem has been solved by connecting the starter to the date stamper then the date stamper to the writer.