Question

FME Server will not add or recognize custom coordinate system files copied to the Files and Connections Resources folder.

• 10 January 2022
  • 4 replies

Badge

I've created a workspace server app which allows the user to select a projection from the list of FME coordinate systems and reproject their data. The desktop workbench has access to our FME server (e.g. \\\\A-FME\\FME\\CoordinateSystems) and is able to choose from the list of custom coordinate systems created by our survey department, but the server app does not list the custom coords. I've manually copied the custom files to the server (/a-fme/fmeserver/#/resources/browse/FME_SHAREDRESOURCE_ENGINE/CoordinateSystems?name=Engine) but it still doesn't list any of the coords. I've followed the instructions as stated here. Any ideas or suggestions will be much appreciated.

4 replies

Badge +2

Hi @jridout​ ,

I have a couple of questions about your setup:

• If you try and run the workspace manually from the 'Run Workspace' page do you see the custom coordinate systems listed (i.e. is this just a problem with Workspace Apps)?
  • Is the published parameter type 'Coordinate System'?
Badge

Hi @hollyatsafe​ ,

Thanks for getting back to me.

I manually checked the workspace from the 'Run Workspace' page and did not see any of the custom coordinate systems.

Yes I do have a published parameter type 'Coordinate system' as shown in the attachments. When I browse the list the custom coordinate systems are there.

reproj2reproj1

Badge +2

Hi @hollyatsafe​ ,

Thanks for getting back to me.

I manually checked the workspace from the 'Run Workspace' page and did not see any of the custom coordinate systems.

Yes I do have a published parameter type 'Coordinate system' as shown in the attachments. When I browse the list the custom coordinate systems are there.

reproj2reproj1

Hi @jridout​ ,

Unfortunately, there is a known issue that on FME Server custom coordinate systems are not present in the list displayed for the Coordinate System parameter (internal reference: FMESERVER-17049). As a workaround, I would suggest you swap this parameter out for a Choice with Alias parameter and include only the names of the relevant coordinate systems that can be used with this workspace. Checkout Chris' answer on this post for a bit more detail on how you can set this up.

Badge

Thank you for the link. I will see if this method works for our needs.