Question

12D XML - Issue Writing TIN

• 1 December 2021
  • 3 replies

I've been trying to run a simple test, where I read in a 12D XML file, then write the same data back out. The 12D file is read in successfully, with all expected data and attribution, but when writing back out, there is an issue with the geometry of the included TIN.

The TIN feature is written, but is missing all of it's geometry parts. The image below shows the TIN from the read input file:

TIN_Geometry_PartsThis image shows the same data when output to a new 12D XML file:

TIN_Geometry_No_PartsThe vertex pool exists, but with no parts.

Anyone have any ideas why this may be happening?

3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +10

Hi @callanj​, looking at some documentation here, it seems like you may need to expose some attributes when writing back out to the 12D XML file. Additionally, I'd love to take a look at the 12d file myself and try to get the output working myself. If you're not comfortable sharing the data publicly you could upload the file to our Support FTP.

Thanks!

Hi @callanj​, looking at some documentation here, it seems like you may need to expose some attributes when writing back out to the 12D XML file. Additionally, I'd love to take a look at the 12d file myself and try to get the output working myself. If you're not comfortable sharing the data publicly you could upload the file to our Support FTP.

Thanks!

Hi @danminneyatsaf​, based on the documentation I have the necessary attributes exposed. File attached for you to investigate. Cheers.

Userlevel 2
Badge +10

Hi @danminneyatsaf​, based on the documentation I have the necessary attributes exposed. File attached for you to investigate. Cheers.

@callanj​ thanks for sending the 12D file. I've tried taking a look at it and performing a simple roundtrip conversion (12DXML to 12DXML) and cannot reproduce the same issue you are getting. I have attached a screenshot of the attributes present in my output 12DXML file as a reference in-case that helps point you in the right direction!

I also wanted to ask what version of FME are you using ? I was able to perform this conversion in FME 2021.2 without any errors. Additionally, if you are willing to share your workspace this would be great to help troubleshoot the issue.