Question

fme_data_type with Oracle Reader or FeatureReader

• 25 November 2021
  • 5 replies

Badge

Hi,

I have an issue when reading from an Oracle database.

In my table a field is set to number(10,2) but when read with the Oracle Reader (Non-Spatial or Spatial Object), I get the attribute with the fme_data_type String.

However, in the User Attribute tab of the reader parameters, I do see the oracle type numer(width,decimal) / 10 / 2.

How come this can be ?

Same behavior with the the FeatureReader.

I am using FME 2020.2

Context is : reading from Oracle DB, reading from Postgres DB and comparing both tables with same attributes with ChangeDetector to syncronize Oracle to Postgres.

5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +10

Hi @p.jeremie​ I've tried reproducing this issue in FME 2020.2 with no luck. Would you be able to share a few screenshots to better describe the issue you are having here? I might be misunderstanding your problem so this will help greatly.

Thanks,

Dan M

Badge

Hi @p.jeremie​ I've tried reproducing this issue in FME 2020.2 with no luck. Would you be able to share a few screenshots to better describe the issue you are having here? I might be misunderstanding your problem so this will help greatly.

Thanks,

Dan M

@danatsafe​ No problem, here are some screenshots.

Oracle Reader

OracleReader_dataOracleReader_Settings_User_AttributesPostgis Reader

PostgisReader_dataPostgisReader_Settings_User_AttributesAs the value is different between the two readers (with decimals or not), I can't compare with ChangeDetector without having to format value.

Userlevel 2
Badge +10

Oracle Reader

PostgisReader_dataPostgisReader_Settings_User_AttributesAs the value is different between the two readers (with decimals or not), I can't compare with ChangeDetector without having to format value.

@p.jeremie​ thank you for sharing the screenshots! If I'm not mistaken, it seems like you may have shared the incoming data from the PostGIS Reader twice. Would it be possible to get a screenshot of the incoming data from the Oracle Reader?

Much appreciated!

Badge

Oracle Reader

@danatsafe​ You're right, I had issues with embedding images. Should be ok now.

Badge

Oracle Reader

@danatsafe​ Have you been able to reproduce the issue ?